Welcome back! We’ve been working hard over the summer to improve our services and make them even easier to use:
- There’s no separate Library PIN to remember – the University & Library PIN are now combined into a single PIN. To get your PIN go to www.sheffield.ac.uk.cics/password, login with your University username & password and choose option 6 to have your PIN emailed to you.
- We’ve introduced unlimited automatic renewals of loans - so there’ll be no fines to pay unless the book has been requested by someone else.
- You’ll receive a weekly borrowing statement by email which will list what you have out on loan. If we’ve had to revise the date of return because someone else has requested one of your books we’ll let you know, so check your emails carefully.
- If the book you want is on loan, you need to request it online and we’ll email you when it’s ready to collect. Select the IC as your collection site for 24/7 self-service collection.
- Remember to sign in to StarPlus by clicking the University Members link at the top right of the page. When you search for a book in the library it will now display the loan period which applies to you (staff & student loan periods are different).
- In the latest version of StarPlus, click the View it tab to link to online resources and the Get it tab to see locations of print copies.
- We’ve updated our StarPlus tutorial to reflect the latest changes.