Remember to click on the University members link at the top of the page if you are accessing StarPlus from the Library web pages (when you access StarPlus from MUSE, you will be automatically signed on to the catalogue). Signing on to StarPlus will give you full access to resources and features including the e-Shelf and your online Library account.
Search under the University Collections tab to find: books, ebooks, journals, databases, theses and multimedia. Enter keywords into the search box then refine your results later.
Use the Articles and More tab to search for journal articles from databases. All results shown will be available for you to access. However, you can also choose to include results without full text online access.
- Use quotation marks when searching for a phrase, e.g. “global warming”.
- Use an asterisk at the end of a word to represent alternative endings. For example, educat* will search for: education, educating, educational etc.
- Use the e-Shelf to organise, print, email and push your search results into reference management software. Add search results to your e-Shelf by clicking on the star icon (located on the left of each search result).
- To request a book that is out on loan, click on the Get It tab.
- Look at the Subject Guides to identify the key databases and online resources for your subject area. Link to the Subject Guides from the home page of StarPlus.
- Search for and connect to databases from the University Collections tab.
- Take a look at our StarPlus tutorial to learn more.